Headteacher required from Summer Term 2019 or September 2019
L11 £51,234 – L24 £69,673 per annum (Subject to Teachers Terms and Conditions)
NOR 310 – Group 3
The Governors of St. Giles’ & St. George’s C of E Academy are seeking to appoint a new Headteacher who can build on our recent achievements by inspiring, motivating and challenging stakeholders on our continuing journey to becoming an Outstanding School. The Academy has an excellent reputation within the community and was rated a ‘Good’ school (Ofsted 2017). We are proud of our Christian distinctiveness as an “Outstanding” Church school (SIAMS 2017) and the ethos which is embedded in our day to day work. The academy environment reflects our passion for learning where there is a strong staff team and happy, hardworking pupils. Our new Headteacher will share in our vision to build on our success and have the drive and ambition to create an inclusive learning environment which embodies our objectives, ethos and aspirations.
As the ideal candidate you will:
• have high expectations for all pupils
• have experience of all key stages
• understand the importance of a safe learning experience for all pupils
• have a clear strategic focus and direction for further improvement
• have the ability to develop the leadership and skills of others
• demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
You will be joining:
• a strong and dedicated staff team
• pupils who work hard and are excellent ambassadors for the academy
• a supportive, ambitious and dedicated Governing Body
• successful links with our two Parish Churches and wider community
• parents/carers who work successfully with the staff
To find out more about this position and to make an application please contact Michelle Elden on 01782 917640. Visits to the academy are warmly welcomed and encouraged.
Closing Date: 8th January 2019 – 12 noon
Shortlisting Date: 8th/9th January 2019
Interview Dates: 17th/18th January 2019
School Address: St. Giles’ and St. George’s C of E Academy, St. Paul’s Road, Off Orme Road, Newcastle, Staffs, ST5 2NB
This academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form