Welcome to Year 6’s Home Learning Page
A little message from us……
Can you solve these riddles?
1. What gets wetter the more it dries?
2. A cowboy rode into town on Friday. He stayed in town for three days and rode out on Friday. How was that possible?
3. What has a face and two hands, but no arms or legs?
4. What has to be broken before you can use it?
5. It starts out tall, but the longer it stands, the shorter it grows. What is it?
Well done to the children that have completed artwork. They look fantastic and we hope that you enjoyed drawing them.
Work for week beginning 1st June 2020
During Summer 1, we will be focusing on developing specific writing skills and then applying them into different genres of writing – this week you will be focussing on poetry.
This week in Maths, we will be using the White Rose website. The site no longer has the sheets so we have provided them for you.
Our focus for the afternoons this week is History and Geography. Our new topic is Ancient Greece.
Maths – week 1 – 1st June
Go to the page below to find the videos for each day. The worksheets and answers can be found underneath:
Monday- Summer week 6 lesson 1:
Tuesday- Summer week 6 lesson 2:
Wednesday- Summer week 6 lesson 3:
Thursday- Summer week 6 lesson 4:
Friday- complete the Maths Challenge on the White Rose Maths site.
History/Geography- Ancient Greece
In addition to the daily work, the links below will allow you to access a range of home learning resources: